Plumbing and Sanitation is also known as Public Health Engineering. Ready availability of clean, potable and flushing water with required flow, and pressure is an important requirement. Since this directly affect the customer or the end user, any failure in the design will effect negatively for the business. Similarly, proper draining of the sanitary and soil waste is also important. A proper design will ensure smooth flow of drains, without any obstruction for long period of usage. Adherence of various international plumbing codes and standards are essential for proper maintenance access for the pipe system for any future maintenance without affecting shut down of the building usage.
Safety is important for everyone. Best designed and implemented fire fighting system should help to stop spreading of a fire breakout from creating damages to the building, properties, data, equipment and the people within the building, or at least to minimize the damage. A fire fighting system is classified as ‘Life Safety System’ and is very critical for a building.
Any project requires a specialized Plumbing and fire fighting engineer. High skilled engineering works are involved with any size of project, irrespective of small, medium or mega projects, or even infrastructure project which requires detail design for drainage system connecting to the city drainage network. As in India, most of the foreign countries are also having strict regulations that the building cannot be handed over to the customer unless it is certified by the fire (also known as civil defense) authority.
As a statutory regulatory mandate, every public building requires final approval from the local fire authority or civil defense department, before handing over for the use of public. This makes a fire fighting design to comply with the standards such as NFPA, NBC an FSAI very strictly. An Engineer who is designing and installing the firefighting system for a building must have thorough knowledge about standard codes and calculations. SPECTRA provide our students a detailed course to create capable fire fighting & Plumbing specialist engineers.
WHO CAN DO THE COURSE
This course is intended for Engineering/Diploma (Mechanical) graduates. The course will cover professional modules with leading codes and standards handled by Professional Engineers.
- Classification of Fire.
- Manual hand held Fire Cylinders – Types, Using Procedure & General Maintenance Instructions.
- Active & Passive Fire Protection System.
- Smoke or fire detection system, Heat Detector, Linear Heat Detection Cable
- Fire Water Sump Sizing, Over Head Tank Sizing.
- Sprinklers – Types, Selection, Designing, Pipe sizing.
- Fire Hose Cabinets & Fire Hydrants Selection.
- Fire Fighting Hydraulic Calculation, Head Loss & Pump head Calculations for High Rise Buildings.
- Fire Water Pump – [Main Pump, Jockey Pump & Diesel Pump] Classification, Types & Selection.
- NFPA, NBC & FSAI Codes for Fire Fighting System Designing.
- FM200 System Designing – [Water less Fire Protection system] Capacity, Pipe Sizing, Nozzle
- Fire Alarm System Designing.
- Smoke Detector (Ionization Type, Optical).
- Flame Detector
- VESDA – Aspirating System
- Fire control through ventilation
- Introduction to Plumbing
- Piping systems & Fittings
- Plumbing Codes & Systems
- Valves & Fixtures
- Water Cycle, Properties & Treatment Methods
- Water Supply Systems , Classifications & Distribution
- Hot Water Supply & Distribution
- Water Heaters & Classification
- Sanitary Drainage System
- Storm water management
- Drafting & Basics of Autocad
- STP – Design & Basics
- Septic Tank & Soak away pit sizing
- Garden Water Irrigation System